Sustained: Artists and the Environment
Opening Reception: Gallery Walk Day, Sunday, September 8, 11am-6pm
Hosted By: Chuck Schulz, and The Paper Lion Gallery & Frame Shop of Lemoyne
Music By: Hemlock Hollow
Exhibition Sponsor: Randy Michener
This year’s Fall Membership Exhibition, on display from September 8th-October 10th is sponsored by Randy Michener, with the opening reception on Gallery Walk Day, Sunday, September 8, 11am-6pm, hosted by Chuck Schulz, and The Paper Lion Gallery & Frame Shop of Lemoyne. Music during Gallery Walk on Sunday, September 8, will be provided by “Hemlock Hollow.”
Intake: August 12 through September 2, during regular gallery hours of 9:30am to 9pm Monday through Thursday, 9:30am to 4pm Friday, 10am to 4pm Saturday, and 2 to 5pm Sunday. (AAH closes at 5pm on Labor Day, Sept. 2).
Eligibility: All AAH artists whose dues are up to date are eligible to enter the show. (Artists may join or renew when entering the exhibition.)
Rules of Entry:
- Limit 2 entries per artist.
- Entries may NOT have been exhibited in the AAH main galleries previously.
- Entries must be appropriate to the “ARTISTS & THE ENVIRONMENT” theme – Artists may interpret the theme in any imaginative way they choose, addressing the issue of climate change, celebrating the beauty of the environment in landscapes, creating images of animals and endangered species, etc. All styles are acceptable, from abstraction, to realism, to Impressionism, to Expressionism, to Surrealism. All media are welcomed!
- All 2-dimensional works MUST have screw-eyes and wire in place for hanging.
- All works on paper must be framed under glass or plexiglass. (No uniframes permitted.)
- Works on stretched canvas may have painted edges in lieu of frames.
- All stained-glass pieces or fragile works of any kind may be entered only with a special appointment with Curator Rachel O’Connor. (Call her at 236-1432 or email her at email@example.com.)
Entry Fees: Works 48” and under in any direction are $15 per entry. Works 49” to 72” in any direction are $20 per entry. Award Categories: Oil/Acrylic, Sculpture/Ceramics, Other Media, Photography, Watercolor, Pastels/Drawings, Robert Fuller Awards for Impressionism and Realism, Best Theme Interpretation, Best of Show.
Prize Sponsors: Randolph Michener, E.M. Avery & Robert Lau, Hempt Bros.Inc., Susan Sheetz Fortini, Carlo Ditono, Cumberland Financial Group, Mark Walter, Dr. John “Ski” Sygielski, and Steve Perrault.
Prize Juror: Catherine Stone, Artist and Curator at Carlisle Arts Learning Center.
Learn more about our upcoming exhibitions or explore some of our past shows.